Create in Nature with John Noble
Participants will be in a small group and go on a creative wellbeing journey, involving connection, visual meditations, forest bathing and seasonal crafts using natural materials. Most activities will be outside, in the wonderful setting of Daffern’s Wood in North Warwickshire. This is a Local Nature Reserve and protected ancient woodland, offering bountiful resources and teaming with wildlife. The nearby community centre will be available for parking and toilet facilities, and will be used for creative activities should the weather not be suitable. However, all sessions will involve some time outside using nature for inspiration and gathering materials for creative activities.
• Week 1 - Mini mandala installation- creating wild artwork from the woodland. Session allows group to explore and engage with the woodland whilst making a piece of work.
• Week 2 - Hapa Zome- introduce group to the varied woodland flora via the ancient artistic practice of Hapa Zome (leaf bashing). Participants take away finished work.
• Week 3 – Weaving, lapsing and tying using natural materials gathered from the wood. Learning about different natural materials and different techniques.
• Week 4 – Making a seasonal artwork using gathered materials and skills learned in previous sessions. Participants can take this work home with them.
• Gain a better understanding on how working creatively outdoors with nature can benefit you.
• Learn about your local environment and local wildlife.
• Feel more confident in using creative skills to help you unwind and relax.
• Learn some creative techniques and skills that can enhance your wellbeing.
• Meet new people and find out about local creative and volunteer opportunities.
Aimed at: The course is aimed at anyone looking to develop creative and nature inspired outdoor coping strategies that can improve wellbeing.
Course tutors: Escape Arts staff and John Noble
Duration: Four, 2 hour sessions.
Venue address: Daffern’s Wood, Arley – Meeting at Arley & St Michael’s Community Centre, Spring Hill, Arley, Nr Coventry CV7 8HA
To book, contact firstname.lastname@example.org